PatrolEyes 1296P HD GPS Auto IR Police Body Camera DV5 2
The new and improved PatrolEyes GPS auto infrared HD police body camera is here! The DV5-2 is an improved version of the SC-DV5 body worn camera, a high-definition video recorder for law enforcement with ultra high quality 1296p HD video. With its 170° wide angle lens and 32GB of storage, it can capture everything that happens for hours. With the press of a single button, recording can start even when the camera is turned off. The built in LCD allows you to review videos, photos or audio recordings in the field. The camera has a durable housing and is completely waterproof up to a depth of 3ft, making it safe for any accidental drops. The DV5-2 includes a removable battery, so you can quickly swap out the battery and continue recording with ease! Also comes with built-in GPS which allows you see where video takes place as you view it!
True 1296p High Definition
With the ability to record in crystal clear HD 1296P video, this camera's wide angle view will record every detail
Comes with a 6 hour battery that can easily be swapped out for much longer recording
Advanced Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS)
Allows you to achieve clear, steady images even when the camera is shaking.
Shows GPS location while viewing video with the included video viewing software (note: to acquire GPS signal please allow 1-2 min)
Included Charging Station
The drop-in charging station allows you to charge both an extra battery and the camera at the same time
Comes with a motion detection feature to allow for recording only when something happens
Waterproof up to 3ft, so any accidental splashes won't damage the camera
Large Storage Space
Comes with 32GB of storage so you can record hours of footage
Automatic night vision recording allows you to see up to 30ft in low light settings
Snap Shot Feature
Allows you to capture photos while recording
Date and time stamp option on every video with officer ID that can't be tampered with. Can also be password protected
When transferring videos the included files have their own unique device ID, log files, and video/photo files organized into folders so you can easily find the evidence you need
Walkie Talkie (PTT Function)
The PTT function with compatible cable allows you to replace your shoulder microphone so you can connect the PatrolEyes HD to your walkie talkie. View our list of PTT walkie talkie compatible models
Continuous & Loop Recording
Seamless recording -- ideal when transitioning from being used as a dash camera to body camera (NOTE: this feature only available when camera has USB mode firmware)
Multiple Firmware Options
Allows you to manage your camera in multiple modes -- choose between our password protected version or non-password protected version firmware.
- Battery Life: Up to 6 hours
- Video Resolution Modes: 1296P @ 30fps | 1080P @ 30fps | 720P @ 30fps | 720P @ 60fps | 480P @ 30fps | 480P @ 60fps
- Photo Resolution: Up to 33MP
- Video Format: .MP4
- Photo Format: .JPG
- Photo Format: .JPG
- Image Stabilization: Advanced Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS)
- Battery: Removable 3.7v 1950mAh battery
- Standby Battery Life: Up to 15 hours
- Field of View: 170°
- Night Vision: Auto infrared
- Night Vision Range: Up to 32ft with visible face detection
- Motion Detection Capable: Yes
- Waterproof: Up to 3ft depth
- Time and Date Stamp: Embedded on every video with user ID
- Burst Photo: 1, 3, or 5 photos at once
- Fast Forward or Rewind Speeds: 2x, 4x, or 8x
- Working Temperature: -40°C to 60°C
- Camera Weight: 6.17oz
- Camera Dimensions: 3.3x2.7x1.2 inch
- Video Storage:
- 1080p @30fps (1 hour of footage=5GB)
- 720p @30fps (1 hour of footage=3.6GB)
- 480p @30/60fps (1 hour of footage=2.1GB)
- Battery Life:
- 480P: 5.6 hours
- 720P: 5 hours
- 1080P: 4 hours
- USB cable
- Wall charger
- Car USB charger
- Drop-in charging station
- Metal body clip
- Lithium battery
- User manual
- 1 year manufacturer warranty
|Battery Life||6 hours|
|Charge Time||150 minutes|
|Charging Dock||Yes data|
|Night Vision Range||30ft|
|Pre/post Event Recording||Yes|
|Time and Date Stamp||Yes|
- What is the difference between password protected mode and USB mode?
- USB Mode: The pre-installed firmware allows you to transfer files directly to your PC via USB.
- Password Protected Mode: An optional firmware version that allows you to password protect the cameras files, making them only accessible via the included software as well as restricting the option to change the date and time and police ID.
- If you are on windows, plug your camera into your PC and navigate to "My Computer" or "This PC". You should see your body camera's assigned drive letter. Usually D, E, or F. Depending on how many devices are connected to your computer. Right click on the drive letter assigned to your body camera and select "Format" towards the bottom. Another window will pop up showing you the settings available to format your device. Make sure the "File System" is set to fat32 if your camera is a 32GB model or smaller or exFAT if your camera is 64GB or larger. Enable "Quick Format" and then press "Start". Your device is now formatted.
- You can view the files directly on the device, using the HDMI to view on a TV or transferring the files via USB to a PC. Note: If your camera is in password protected mode you will have to use the password protected mode software. The software and drivers installation guide is included in the firmware section below.
- Yes, we do have this option available now via firmware upgrade. Please email us below to request this firmware if you would like this option.
- High, medium and low are referring to the bitrate of the video. The higher the bitrate the higher the video quality. If you want to get the most battery life, setting the video quality to low will allow you to get up to 1 hour of extra battery life in certain modes.
Can I enable night vision mode without the infrared LED's glowing red for stealth operations?
Yes, in night vision mode the cameras lens infrared filter is removed, which allows more light to pass through. This enables the camera to be 3-4X better than in day mode in low light conditions.
Does audio record with the video in pre-event and post-recording modes?
Yes, audio and video are both recorded while in these modes. To disable the audio during pre-event and post-recordings, turn on the post audio mute in the device settings.
How much video can be recorded in pre-event recording mode?
- It depends on which resolution you are recording in and the video quality mode (bitrate).
- 1080P (high): 25 seconds
- 720P (high): 40 seconds
- 480P (high): 40 seconds
- 480P (low): 1 minute
Do you have extended warranties available?
Yes, the camera does come with a full 1 year warranty against manufacturer defects and we do offer 2-4 year warranty options as well. Please contact us for pricing.